Monday, January 12, 2009

being a primary music leader...

I love, love, love being the primary music leader. Although, I must admit, it is kind of hard. It doesn't come totally natural to me. I feel like each week I have to really work and prepare for Sunday. I (try) to completely rely on the Lord for inspiration. Each week I just hope that He guides me. Otherwise, I know it won't work.
Most of all I really like being so immersed in the music everyday. We(my kiddos and I) listen to the primary songs all of the time! Not that we didn't listen to them before but now....it's ALL the time! It brings a wonderful spirit into our home!
When I was asked to serve in this calling, I sat back and thought of what my goals were for this calling. And here is what I hope to do:
1) Teach the songs so that the children internalize them. I want them to be able to recall these songs throughout their lives to be able to help them feel the spirit.
2) There really isn't a number 2. That pretty much sums it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment